Sunday 3 February 2013

Computer is definitely not one of my favourite areas of competence but after being introduced to a new course called "Technology and Methodology Integration" I have developed the zeal to be more cognizant of the significance of the computer. As a teacher in training, it is of vital importance to be aware of technology and how to integrate it in the classroom seeing that we are living in a technological driven era. Technology is a body of knowledge used to create tools, develop skills, and extract or collect materials and as such I want to be able to incorporate technology in my area of specialization so that students can become critical thinkers and innovators.As I reflect on the second day of class my schema was broaden as the different groups came to present on the theoretical framework for teaching with technology. The Multiple Intelligence by Howard Gardner stood out as I could relate it to the classroom. He speaks of eight intelligences and all these intelligences can be met using technology. One that stood out most was the musical intelligence. There are programs that can be used to compose music which are; Sibelius and finale, using this program is less time consuming, amongst that is a reason program used to make instrumental pieces etc.I find this class quite interesting and I hope to learn more so that I can help students to be more creative.

Today is a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment