Tuesday 26 March 2013

Reflection 11




It is quiet fascinating of how much you can learn in one day. As I reflect after each MTI class I must say it was good to be here because my knowledge has been broaden each class. Today’s’ class was very informative, interactive and engaging. Today I learn about Wiki. According to the oxford dictionary wiki is defined as “A type of web page designed so that its content can be edited by anyone who accesses it using a simplified mark up language”. The actual meaning for wiki is “fast”. The meaning represents its name as it is one of the most common and informative webpages there is to get information on anything. This well known webpage was created by Cunningham in 1994.

During class we were not only enlightened and introduced to wiki but we were given the opportunity to create a webpage using webs.com. As instructed by the lecturer I invented a school by the name of Hutton’s Institution, J I was able to successfully complete the history of the school. Additionally I was able to use the knowledge that I have gained in previous classes to insert on the webpage.
 
I believe this is a useful tool to use for businesses, work and entertainment purposes. I do not only plan to use these tools in the course but I also intend to use it in the classroom and the working world.


No comments:

Post a Comment