Tuesday 26 March 2013

Research Day



The Mico University College has been hosting their 2nd Research Day in history and I must say that this have been my most involved year. Various academia’s outside and within the University came to the special occasion. Although I was never able to listen to the different speakers as they present I was very much engaged in Research Day. I had to perform from 8am-8pm due to the fact that I am music major it is mandatory for me to perform at these special events. I sung in the choir, band and las voces el melodia, though I enjoy music I was a bit disappointed not been able to listen to the speakers which was as a result of rehearsals and performers, nevertheless it was a great event.

          The most interesting part for me was the music hotspot, we had a lot of fun while doing our presentations, students performed piano and guitar pieces, presentations were also done on different religion such as Orthodox and Rastafarian. The most interesting scene was when a group of us were playing the steel pan, the audience was very big and they did have a jolly good time. Research Day plays an integral role at the Mico and I hope to see many more and even be more involved in Research Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment