Monday 18 March 2013

The impact of the various technology tools you encounter on the teaching and learning process


‘’Technology is seen as a means of mechanizing or automating the process of teaching with devices that transmit, amplify, distribute, record or reproduce stimuli materials, and thus increase the teacher’s impact as well as widen the potential evidence ” (Davis, 1987,p.13). Determination plays a very vital role in anybody’s development; in order to keep your eyes on your goals ones should not see obstacles. It was not until I began to do the course Technology and Methodology Integration I developed a love for technology. In encountering this course I have come across a lot of technology I had little or no knowledge of, being introduced to the course have allowed me to explore and be cognizant of different technologies, their importance as well as their uses.

An effective teacher is an all rounder who tries  new invention to make the classroom active and engaging, fun and educational. Where technology is concern it performs function as aiding classroom presentations, improving demonstrations by giving access to reality or stimulations which the teacher might not be able to provide readily. This can be termed as Audio-Visual Archetype.  Having the experience of technology and has not only given me ideas of how to impact teaching in the classroom, but I was able to use the knowledge gained in this course to apply to other courses. These include; PowerPoint, PowerPoint quiz, hyperlinked videos graphics and movies, amongst these I learnt how to create a webquest, website, blog, lesson plans using the Assure Model (This is a procedural guide for planning and conducting  instruction that incorporates media assumes)

The technological tools I have learnt in class will be very effective in the teaching and learning process as it has presently been a very useful tool for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment